Tuesday, September 16, 2008

You're Wrong

Here's a catchy little tune by NOFX. I first heard it out here on some radio station that called itself the Voice of the Revolution (they just looped the track, that was the station!). I don't agree with everything in the vid, but I'm curious to hear your reactions. Offended? Amused? Take it with a grain of salt - it's actually kind of funny.

I know, I know, you just lost all your shares in Lehman. Nothing's very funny right now.



P.S. THANK YOU to our big donor the other day for our Obama fundraiser. That was awesome. You put us within striking distance of our goal of ten times chai. Today, a friend at work told me he has raised over $1,600 from his friends using Obama's website. Pretty amazing, huh? I gave him a high five.

If you haven't donated yet, help put us over the top today. It'll make for a funny story, years from now. "You see," you'll tell your children, "there was this blog..."

12 comments:

Phil Sumpter said...

NOFX are one of my favourite groups. I'm glad their turning their music to more constructive ends, I just hope they're willing to put in the head work to explain and justify their positions and enter into dialogue with others. Saying "you're wrong" is cute, but it doesn't do much to bring about meaningful change.

Anonymous said...

Despite our political differences I actually enjoy NOFX and have been listening to them since I was about 13 years old.

jewish philosopher said...

If you think atheism is not a polite name for Satanism - YOU'RE WRONG.

The Candy Man said...

Saying "you're wrong" is cute, but it doesn't do much to bring about meaningful change.

I agree. Although it can be cathartic!

I grew up thinking rock music was goyishe mishegos, but when I listen to the lyrics I hear some pretty complex stuff going on (although there's some junk in there, too).

Anonymous said...

JP, Well I think atheism and satanism are two different things. Why am I wrong?

CM, A lot of rock music is goyishe meshugas. and some of the rest is Jewish self-indulgence (ala Billy Joel, Neil Diamond)


Ichabod Chrain

Phil Sumpter said...

I should point out that Fat Mike is getting involved in politics, as this video interview makes clear.

Anonymous said...

Hey Lubab I always wanted to donate some money for a worthy cause. I think that the more Obama speaks against Governor Palin the more votes he will lose. Put me down for 10 times Chai. I will send you my $ 1.80 as soon as I can get to the bank and borrow that money.....Avi

Lubab No More said...

Avi,

Go ahead and donate $18.00. According to John McCain "the fundamentals of our economy are strong". Use your credit card. ;)

Click Here Now!

GrumpyJew said...

love it, although they said i'm wrong about some stuff.... hell, i still love it.

Anonymous said...

That was a cute video. Made me laugh.

Miri said...

Look, dude, I'm not going to disagree that the white Europeans genocided the Native Americans and that that was wrong. And I know it was wrong of Colombus to take Native Americans away from their homes to show the King and Queen. But in context, he didn't kill that many, and he certainly didn't genocide anyone. So please find a less innocent and more accurate mascot for the genociding of the Native Americans, ok? It's just historically innacurate. If you're going to be all political, get your facts straight.

The Candy Man said...

miri, I think Columbus is not being blamed personally. It's more that the holiday is symbolic of our conquest of America, and the idea that we (the white man) discovered it. In fact, we stole it all and destroyed the people who were living here.

Check out Into The West. It's a miniseries by Steven Spielberg. Excellent stuff.