Monday, December 10, 2007

Pieces of Eight

I was hit with this meme by Come Running a while back. Then later Frum Satire tagged me as well, so despite my initial hesitation here are my answers. The meme wants answers in eights which makes it fitting to post on Hanukkah.

Disclaimer: Answers are posted in no particular order. Some of these answers are well thought out, others are not, a few may even be flat out lies! Enjoy!

8 Passions in my life:

Wife

Baby

Family

Friends

Good Movies

Good Sci-Fi

Understanding the way things work

Successful systems (devices, programs, social, etc.)


8 Things to do before I die:

Contribute something worthwhile to humanity

Learn to play the guitar well

Run for office

Spend time in Europe

Live openly as an atheist

Have a daughter

Run a marathon

Own my own business


8 Things I often say:

No problem.

Frak (and variants thereof)

What’s the deal?

Wanna get some coffee?

(Things I say to my baby)

Oh poor baby, what’s wrong?

Who’s my baby?

Goo, goo, goo, goo… GA! (this material kills!)

Do you like to chew on your hand? Yes you do!


8 Books I read recently:

The Making of the Fittest by Sean Carroll

A Brief History of Time by Professor Stephen Hawking

The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins

Thus Spoke Zarathustra, by Friedrich Nietzsche,

god is not Great by Christopher Hitchens

Blink by Malcolm Gladwell

1984 by George Orwell

Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi


8 Songs that mean something to me:

I want to hold your hand - Beatles

What’s My Age Again - Blink 182

I Can’t Turn You Loose - The Blues Brothers version

Rockin’ In The Free World - Neil Young

Nevermind - Nirvana

2112 - Rush

Birdhouse in your Soul - TMBG

Tonight, Tonight - Smashing Pumpkins


8 Qualities I look for in a friend:

Friendly (not as obvious as it sounds)

Fun

Smart

Different

Interested in the world around them

Conversationalist

Willing to hear my crazy theories out

Maybe being a little bit crazy doesn’t hurt…


Because I’m a stinker this meme will end here. WAY too many questions for my taste. I’ll refrain from inflicting this upon other people. No offense to those who have inflicted it on me. :P

In kofer news...

This blog has been slowing down lately. I will post the reasons why this week.

10 comments:

jewish philosopher said...

Because you have repented! Yes!

Holy Hyrax said...

>What’s My Age Again - Blink 182

Because you make prank calls to your mother in law or because you like running naked on the streets?

Anonymous said...

Frak! How many of your readers understand this?!!!!

I am proud to say that I do.

A fellow Fan

e-kvetcher said...

TMBG!

Anonymous said...

Something Jewish book would be too much for you to like?

Rafi G. said...

cool. I just finished reading blink

jewish philosopher said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jewish philosopher said...

However, I am a Nietzsche fan.

Mojoey said...

good list - I am happy to see it end here.

I've reading a book you might like. The black swan.

TMBG rocks. I love them myself.

Anonymous said...

following matisyohu?