Friday, December 5, 2008

Oh, wow. I totally own a blog!

GUEST POST by LubabNoMore

Hello? [taps microphone] Is this thing on?

Hi. My name is LubabNoMore. I don't know if you remember me but I used to blog at this address. I thought I would swing by the old neighborhood to see what the place looked like.

I haven't posted in a while.

Forget posting. I haven't even been on top of my feeder subscriptions. You know you've been bad about keeping up with your reading when your blog reader has unread posts from your own blog. Speaking of which...

God bless The Candy Man. That guy keeps the fires stoked.

Anyway, I have ideas for posts but life has been getting in the way. That and I also don't have the same drive to post blah, blah. (If you enjoy meta irony I even have a post in the can about how I don't have the drive to post. Nevermind the meta implications of this paragraph.)

So I actually was going to post last week about my recent thoughts on orthodoxy and orthopraxy (not that we need another dull blog/post on orthopraxy) but then the Mumbai attacks happened and I felt like blogging on my feelings about that and the deaths at the Chabad House. Then I didn't blog about the attacks. So here I am with an inane non-post.

Woody Allen once said "Eighty percent of success is showing up." Consider this a (generous) B-.

---
Update: 1:35 AM

Crap. I totally just posted on top of The Candy Man. Sorry dude. :(

9 comments:

The Candy Man said...

heh. I posted simultaneously.

welcome back, man.

Lubab No More said...

Yeah. I saw that as soon as it went up. I even updated the post. Sorry bro. :(

The Candy Man said...

no sweat, i'm sure people will read both :)

Freethinking Upstart said...

I was gonna say something yesterday about CM having 5 of the 5 last posts.

LNM, where've you been? You're the guest blogger now. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Why are you wearing a pink shirt ? I thought that I was the only person alive who wears pink shirts. Anyway we are getting off the topic. Ok so Obama won, now what ? is he going to solve all of your problems ? Is he going to tell you something that will bring you back to being a Lubie ? Even the great XGH had to run out of things to talk about sooner or later.Even I have nothing to say anymore. How many times can one say I just dont believe.....Avi

Abandoning Eden said...

so how are things with you and your wife going?

DrJ said...

I wear pink shirts, too, even on Shabbat. Sometimes I wear Hawaiin shirts to shul. I get stares, but I don't care.

Good point Avi. At some point the conversation starts wearing out. I have now shifted to listening to podcasts on science, philosophy, psychology and economics. Great way to pass the time while waiting in traffic jams....

I've kind of settled into my philosophy-- basically everyone needs to belong to some group, to give you a structure, purpose, and balance. Just don't take the myths too seriously.

Anonymous said...

I've kind of settled into my philosophy-- basically everyone needs to belong to some group,*****************************
Jeff I agree with you 100 %. We all have to belong to something. I belong to the Orthodox community, but I just dont practice it and nobody bothers me about it, except for my frum frum wife. My daughter in law in Rechovot is expecting in May and we may come over there for a visit soon. Talk to you later.....Avi

Lubab No More said...

AE,

Things with the wife are going well. Marriage counseling has been great for us. Thanks for asking.