Tuesday, May 27, 2008

New Skeptic Blog: The Cuckoo's Nest

Go check out the new skeptic blog: The Cuckoo's Nest

The Cuckoo's Nest is written by a woman who goes by The Chief. The Chief's first language was Yiddish, she's a mother, a member of the charedi community, and a skeptic.

The title of The Chief's blog, and her pseudonym, were inspired by the novel/Broadway play/movie "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest". Here is how The Chief explains the connection in her first post:
The Cuckoo's nest is my hometown. The Combine is up close and I despise them with a passion. McMurphy is truly dear to me, but hope won't be given a lobotomy, although currently undergoing electroconvulsive therapy. I am The Chief. I pretend to be a deaf-mute, thereby privy to many dirty secrets of The Combine. I hope one day to break free.
I really enjoy how The Chief makes her points through the stories she tells.

Go check her blog out!

http://thecuckoos-nest.blogspot.com/


P.S. If I ever get lobotomized I trust she knows what to do. ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok so she is a member of a charedi family and a skeptic. Good, but rest assured that she wont say a word to anyone about what she might believe in. The rebbe will put her in "Cherem" her husband would divorce her and she would be shunned by all. None the less I have to admire her determination. Maybe if more of us speak up, someone will start to listen. Meanwhile she is probably as lonely as Baal Habos. Hey wait maybe we should introduce them to each other.......Avi

The Candy Man said...

That's an amazing blog. Thanks for the tip!

Anonymous said...

She's terrific indeed.

Btw, thanks for the "Dr. House" link. I know many people crazy over the show but never got to see it. Sounds better than I thought.